/* Magenet Universal Plugin code */ Problogger Money: Down with a Cough

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Down with a Cough

Yesterday I went to see an Indian lady doctor in Island Glades and she charged me a very expensive amount of RM55 just for a visit of cough without fever. The normal charges are usually RM25 to RM30 just for a simple cough and sore throat. And she gave me a strong anti-biotic which I don't really need as I don't have fever and charged me an exorbitant amount for it! Previously I did see her before and did tell her some of the medication I already have and there is no necessity to give to me. But still she insisted on me using her medication.

I had originally planned to visit Dr Por of Union Clinic in Jalan Gangsa, which is much cheaper and he doesn't simply charge patients for medication that they don't require. Twice before I went, the clinic was closed... most likely he went for dinner before opening again at supposedly 7:00pm to 9:00pm. It is just unfortunate that the time when I could visit him, the clinic was closed. And I have been resting at home, hopefully my cough will recover soon. I guess I ate too much heaty crackers during Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...