/* Magenet Universal Plugin code */ Problogger Money: Starting Fresh in Washington State

Monday, July 12, 2010

Starting Fresh in Washington State

Thanks to guest blogger Lydia Kalman for the post.

A few months ago my boss approached me about taking a sales job in Washington. It meant moving halfway across the country, but it was also a chance to start fresh. She offered me a couple of days to think about it, but the truth was I knew the moment she made the offer that it was the right move for me. I've been living in St. Louis for several years and since my family is in California, there was nothing keeping me there. The truth is that when I graduated with my B.S.B.A. from the John Cook School of Business at SLU, I landed a job near the campus and I stayed because it was comfortable.

After 5 years, however, I was ready for a change. The fact that my work was willing to pay for my relocation costs was just a bonus. So my dog Haleigh, a shelter dog whom I adopted after Katrina, and I got in my car and drove to Washington. While waiting for my belongings to arrive, I did a lot of painting and I signed up for home security service. Being the new girl in town, I felt safer knowing Haleigh and the security company have my back. Well, tomorrow is my first day at the new position and I'm both nervous and excited. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...