/* Magenet Universal Plugin code */ Problogger Money: Numismatist and Philatelist

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Numismatist and Philatelist

I have been a collector of coins (numismatist) and stamps (philatelist) since I was young. But my stamps collection are much bigger than my coins since I could get free stamps when people send letters to my parents. My hobby has kept me busy and usefully occupied. In my later years, my wealthy uncle in Singapore who is a doctor gave me gold coins during Chinese New Year instead of 'ang-pows' or red packets of money. The gold coin is about 10gm and round in shape. These are my small collection of treasures since childhood and I will cherish them in my possession. The other day, someone was interested to buy my stamps but I am not willing to let them go since they remind me of my childhood.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...